Monday, November 16, 2009

Wade Hall 19th Century Photographic Type Collection


Back in June I started working on this collection of photographs. Unlike the other collections I had worked on before, this was the first one I worked on all alone. At first the task seemed daunting. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the large numbers of boxes that were full of photos, but trust me when I say there were a lot. I kept trucking along, and processed more than 2,000 photos!
Last Friday I went through the last of the photos...cabinet cards. These are the most recent photos in the collection that are from the 19th century that we can easily date. Today I went through the last couple of boxes and filled two large boxes of photos that belong in the 20th century collection (yet to be processed).
Here are all the boxes of processed photos. I feel very accomplished and I know I will be able to finish those by the time I graduate and finish working there!

No comments:

Post a Comment